Sunday, January 26, 2014

Shabby Mixed Media Canvas's

Kia Ora :)
Just wanted to share with you some of the fun and easy canvas's I have been creating :)


Once I did my background it was really just fun embellishing...these didn't take long and I think they would make great gifts or just brighten a little space.  They measure 6"x 6"  

FLY
This shabby one I painted the background with cream and pink and then I adhered some lace with modge podge...when it was completely dry I ran some of the cream paint with my finger over the lace to bring out the pattern and add to the shabby look.  I also gave it a quick spritz with Lindys Jack Frost so it has a beautiful light shimmer I wish my camera picked it up.





SPREAD YOUR WINGS

On the back ground of this one..after I laid down the blue and cream paint I collaged some dictionary page on and white washed the whole canvas before adding some washi tape..and then once again I just embellished with yummy goodies. The bird and cage are both inked and then heat embossed with UTEE.  to get a shabby look I run some acrylic (cream) paint over the embossed bits and then blast it with my heat gun again and it gives it a weathered look :)






FLY FREE

This last one is probably my fav...butterfly...earthy tones...simple...distressed...ticks all the boxes for me.

The background I just collaged with some music paper and washi tape and then some layers of paint and some TH Distress ink (vintage photo).  A light white wash and distressed the edges again with the vintage photo distress ink.  I had been looking at this butterfly for ages it's made from feathers and when I did this background I just knew it finally had a home.  A little metal heart that I ran some paint over with my finger to tone it down and there we go.



Loved spendnig the evening making these so easy...so quick and they come out really cute :)
Check out these links to keep up with my crafty carry ons.

https://www.facebook.com/WithAllMyArtSoul

:)











No comments:

Post a Comment