Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ribbon Roses - How I make them Shabby

Hey there
As you know I love to make flowers and sometimes when the mood takes me I make a pile of these easy peasy ribbon roses.  They are so useful to have on hand when you need a little embellishment to fill a gap or just let them shine on their own...the little satin ones really soften the look of any creation.



With these ribbon roses I have added other fabrics to give them an extra shabby look.
So easy and fun to make.





So much fun to experiment with different fabrics to make these rolled ribbon roses shabby....lace, pearl trim, tulle,cheese clothe the ideas are endless and perfect for co-ordinating colour and textures to you creations :)

here's a tutorial on how I make these beautiful little tresures :)



Hope you give these a try :)


2 comments:

  1. WOW! That's one of the most well loved hot glue guns on YouTube! And just look at the beautiful flowers you've created...as you say, YUMMY! Thanks for showing us how you make these lovely embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty. I've always wondered how to make the ribbon roses but haven't looked them up. This tutorial was easy for me to see exactly what you were doing. Off to try this after the bloghop.

    ReplyDelete